Environmental litigation may take many forms, and each presents unique challenges. Whether the issue is a plaintiff's exposure to a toxic chemical or property damage as a result of a discharge or a violation of a state or federal environmental mandate or Act, a company sued for an environmental claim needs qualified representation with specific experience and knowledge.
LGWM provides experienced attorneys to handle all our clients environmental law needs. Our litigators represent companies in environmental matters all over the Southeastern United States.
LGWM's Environmental Litigation Practice Group has defended claims brought under the Clean Water Act, Clear Air Act, Endangered Species Act, Solid Waste Disposal Act, RCRC and CERCLA. We have also defended numerous state law tort claims which often are brought in connection with alleged violations of federal acts.
Because environmental litigation also present complex scientific issues, we consult with a wide array of nationally recognized experts to help understand the potential pitfalls of each environmental claim. We believe this team approach to defending environmental claims leads to an early identification of potential problems and to cost-effective solutions.
- Represented contractor in a claim arising from environmental issues from the cleanup of methamphetamine laboratories in Alabama and Georgia.
- Represented company alleged to have contaminated 150 河南福彩app官方下载owners’ properties with excessive particulate emissions and sink holes as a result of development of a waste water treatment facility.
- Represented company that designed and manufactured gasoline dispensing system against class action claims of soil and groundwater contamination.
- Represented manufacturer of chemicals against claims of unreasonably dangerous exposure to the manufacturer’s product.
- Represented manufacturer of chemicals against claims of alleged groundwater and surface water contamination.
- Represented distributor of wood chips against allegation that chemicals used to treat the wood chips caused long term and permanent respiratory problems.
- Represented general contractor in alleged violations of the Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act arising from development of a large, residential subdivision.
- Represented general contractor with respect to allegations of violations of the Clean Water Act from construction activities at an International Airport.
- Represented wastewater treatment facility against allegations of personal injury and property damage as a result of alleged untreated releases from the facility.
- Represented cement manufacturing plant regarding alleged excessive releases of particulate emissions in violation of the Clean Air Act.
- Represented landfill owner and operator against claims under the Clean Air Act and Solid Waste Disposal Act.
- Represented cement manufacturing plant for alleged violations of CERCLA and RCRA.
- Represented developers, general contractors and manufacturers with regard to Alabama Department of Environmental Management permitting matters.